Emergency Information Page

Flood Information
Before you suffer from a flood, you need to secure flood insurance, which is a separate policy from your general homeowners insurance.  Flood insurance is not as expensive as you may think, depending on where your property is located.

If your property has flooded, the first thing you need to do is contact your insurance company and get the claim process started.  They will send an adjuster out within a day or two, but in the meantime you are responsible for mitigating any further damage if you can.  That is where we come in.  Call us and we will show up with dryers and dehumidifiers, help you move your furniture, rugs, valuables out of further damage, and begin the process of drying out your home so that mold doesn’t start growing.  We will work with the adjuster assigned to your claim and do all the work necessary to get your home back to a pre-loss condition.  The only thing you will have to pay is your deductible.

Hurricane Information
Your homeowners policy will cover you in the event your home is damaged by hurricane winds.  However, if you live in a low lying area, any rising water from the hurricane is considered flooding and you must have a separate policy for flood insurance. 
As soon as the hurricane has passed, make sure your home and surrounding property are safe, i.e. no downed power lines, no debris with nails sticking up, etc.  Also be wary of snakes in piles of brush and debris.  Call your insurance company and get the claims process started, then call us and we will help you from beginning to end, to put your home back in a pre-loss condition, working with your insurance company adjuster to make sure you get everything you are supposed to get from your policy.